Sadly, this fix seems not to be working quite so well in the version that made it to release a couple of days ago.
I’m guessing that’s possibly due to complications like frequent thread moves or deletions that we would not have seen in the preview.
A couple of videos to show how it’s currently happening on the live site:
Demo starting from All Discussions search:
- 0 to 10 seconds: search and open pinned pullout
- 10 to 30 seconds: working normally on initial threads
- 30 seconds: starting to drift after scrolling down
- 30 to 50 seconds: drifted but still usable (the highlighted thread remains in view)
- from about 1 minute onwards: the highlighted thread is now outside the scrolled region and has to be constantly scrolled backwards to retrieve it
Demo to display the problem faster:
- 0 to 8 seconds: initial setup as before
- 8 to 22 seconds: click on several Load More prompts
- 22 seconds onwards: click on any thread – then have to scroll back several messages every time.
Would scrollintoview help here? Preferably with block: center and behaviour: smooth.
I’ve rechecked it on Flarum’s own forum, and not seeing any problem there. But I suspect giffgaff’s threads are more likely to have thread moves/deletions than the Flarum forum.
[EDIT]: Currently using firefox 88.0 64 bit on windows 10.